Kayako grew up in Osaka, Japan; a concrete jungle, yet surrounded by magnificent mountains and an ocean vista that transformed in color, in texture, and even in shape with every season. Inspired by her mother, who let her use her Nikon F1 camera, Kayako began my journey into photography at the age of 10.
Kayako's motto in photography is "kannon," which literally means "watching the sound" in Japanese. She seeks to capture images that evoke sounds like giggles, sobs, laughs and conversations.
When taking photographs, Kayako tries to find a story, and to support it with images that capture the emotion and the “moments” of the story. Kayako gets to know her clients beforehand to create comfortable and trustworthy relationship during the photo shoot, and to help her capture their true selves.
Professional affiliations and experience:
- Certified Professional Photographer (CPP)
- Member of Professional Photographers of America
- Member of Wing Young Huie's Photo Salon - Award winning photographer
- Washington State Convention Center: Harvest the Bounty of Washington
- Pinklady®Food Photographer of the Year 2016