Kayako grew up in Osaka, Japan. The concrete jungle of Osaka is surrounded by a vista of mountains and ocean that transforms each season in color, texture, and even in shape. Inspired by her mother, who let her use her Nikon F1 camera, Kayako began her journey into photography at the age of 10.
Kayako's motto in photography is "kannon," which is Japanese for "watching the sound" She seeks to capture images that evoke sounds, whether human or natural.
When taking photographs, Kayako tries to find a story, and to support it with images that capture the emotion and the “moments” of the story. Kayako gets to know her clients beforehand to create comfortable and trustworthy relationship during the photo shoot, and to help her capture their true selves.
Professional affiliations and experience:
- Certified Professional Photographer (CPP)
- Member of Professional Photographers of America
- Member of Wing Young Huie's Photo Salon - Award winning photographer
- Washington State Convention Center: Harvest the Bounty of Washington
- Pinklady®Food Photographer of the Year